Monday, October 17, 2016

NEW Kit & Video, Time to Scrap Summer Photos! {The Scrapbook Diaries}


Hi my friends!  I know I've been pretty quiet around here the last little while, but that doesn't mean I haven't been busy being crafty! Shhhh! but I've been designing some more stencils for TCW (The Crafters Workshop)....I think you're going to love them! But for now you have to wait while they go into production.  In the meantime I have this lovely new Kit Page and Video tutorial to share with you that I designed for The Scrapbook Diaries (the video comes with the kit).  We had a super busy summer and took lots of pics, so now it's time to get scrapping them (I hate for them to just sit in a computer file right?)


This kit it packed with beautiful chipboard elements....and don't get me started on the papers!  They were some of my all time favorite papers to work with by Blue Fern!  (I loved them so much, when I finished my page, I contacted Janene and asked if she minded if I made an extra page for this kit because I'm on a roll!)


I did a little fussy cutting on this one, but not too much for those of you who are not into that....just enough to add a nice artistic touch.  I just used a little pair of nail clipper scissors to do this.


Now let's talk embellishments!  So many wonderful things to embellish with in this kit!  Some gorgeous Prima metal accents and beautiful blooms from 49 & Market!  I also used a very cool stencil by Andy Skinner that ended up looking like mermaid scales to me!


....And the paints!!  I'm soooo in love with the paints I used in this kit!  Luminarte H20's in Ancient Coin and Beachouse blue.  They give such a pretty aged patina to the page design. It's hard to see the shimmery effect they give on this flat page but you'll see in the video how beautifully they combine!  


And of course I had to add some of my favorite new texture elements to this page....Prills!  I thought the colors I picked would add a nice sandy/beachy element to this page.


As I said earlier, I loved the kit elements so much that I just wanted to keep going so I made an extra page for this kit!  This one came together so quick and easy!  Don't you love it when that happens?


We went camping this summer (something I haven't done for many many years) and we went to a place called The Pinery near Grand Bend Ontario.  So beautiful! I enjoyed scrapping this pic of the beach, brought back so many happy memories as I was working on it! But then that's the point behind all this scrapping right?


Here's another close-up of the embellishments included in this kit....the metal accents make me so happy...


And aren't these wood chippies adorable? I thought they gave a nice 'sea grass' look to the page design (also included in kit)...the little shells, star fish and sea horses are from Dusty Attic (also included in kit).

You can see a bit of the shimmer the paints give on the corrugated cardboard area here.  Here I just randomly painted on the two colors in the kit, letting them overlap here and there....I thought this gave the embellishment a nice sort of aged/rusted look.

Seaside Memories Bonus Page MMK182

And usually I don't overload you guys with all the bonus options of the kits here on my blog but I just had to show you the BONUS pages that Janene Meyerowitz designed to be added to the kit! I absolutely love the two bonus pages she created for this one! (above)

Bonus Page MMK182

This is the second bonus page that Janene Meyerowitz designed for this kit!  I love that she adds bonus pages that allow for more photos as well!  

So there you have it! One BIG beautiful kit to scrap those summer photos (or your vacay photos) which also includes unlimited access to a private video tutorial on how to make the top page.  Get yours while they are still available cuz when they run out, they are gone! You can order your's here at The Scrapbook Diaries.  As always, she offers it in Basic and Complete kits so that you all have options.

I hope your summer has been as beautiful as mine has been!  We went wedding dress shopping with my beautiful daughter on the weekend, I think she found the one she loves! So many exciting things happening around here :)

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, I always appreciate the kind comments and lovely feedback I get from my sweet friends here!


13 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Wow, your pages are absolutely gorgeous - as always!

selena said...

j adore, je file voir le prix des frais de port pour la france!

Martie Rollin said...

Your projects always draw my attention! while I'm not drawn to creating mixed media projects on my own, I do enjoy the work that you share with us. I have been exposed to many new materials and techniques that transfer well to my cards and mini albums. I have purchased a couple of your background stamps...my favorite includes the water drops...a favorite stamp to use on all my seaside themed projects. Thanks!

Romy said...

Oh gosh, what can I say? Both beach lay-outs are simply breathtaking and I adore them SO much!

Lizzyc said...

These are so gorgeous, the beach is my favourite place in the whole world! and you have created a wonderful design for these layouts.. love the extra ones too... sigh... take me there....hehe..

Janene said...

:) Thank you Gabi! Such kind words and AMAZING pages. Seriously I ca one do what I do because of you and all our fabulous designers. Truly made me 100 times enter than ever before. Had a blast following along your lead. THANK YOU!!!!

mommyx2 said...

Both of you have created amazing pages!!! I love all of your work Gabrielle.

NolyArt said...

I love your work! I am very grateful for your tutorials in YouTube!!!

papermade fairytale said...

Once again amazing and breathtaking layout dear Gabrielle! I just love to absorb every little impeccable detail of it each time!

Sending hugs!
Aleksandra

Linda said...

Absolutely gorgeous and very creative! :)

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning! Your work is such an inspiration!!

Unknown said...

I'm a big fan of you. I love your all creative work. You're an amazing artist. There are a lot of videos which didn't upload on you tube. Please l want to watch all creative videos. I'm waiting desperately.

Cutie said...

Where can I purchase these materials

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails