Sunday, June 3, 2012

I'm a Guest Designer for Flying Unicorn Kits!!

So I've got to tell you about my experience being the Guest Designer over at The Flying Unicorn Kit Club for this month!  What a lovely group of ladies!!  Sometimes I'm told in advance what to expect in the kit when it arrives, but not this time!  Alda (the super sweet ladie that owns the kit club) let me know that she loves to keep the kit ingredients a secret until it arrives in the mail......and now I know why!  I have to say my jaw just dropped when I got my Flying Unicorn GDT kit in the mail a few weeks back!!  A huge box appeared on my doorstep just PACKED with gorgeous papers and embellishments.  Along with package after package of beautiful papers, blooms, flourishes, trims, coordinating cardstock and even art supplies (liquid pearls, Glimmer Sprays and shimmer paints!) there is also a beautiful OTP (off the page) project, in this case a lovely wooden shadow box!
The above page is the first page I made up using this lovely kit!  Now, I know that this kit club does not have strict rules for their DT and guest designers to use only the kit ingredients on their pages, but the truth is that I really had to use almost nothing from my own stash to make up these pages....there was just so many beautiful things to use!  For these pages, I did scan a couple of the butterflies in the patterned papers and printed/cut them out for embellishing my layouts, so other than this and one Dusty Attic hinge that I used on one of the pages, everything on my work is from the goodies sent to me for this months Guest DT work! 
There is this really cool case of pearl/shimmer paints included in the kit (I can see dipping into this thing over and over in upcoming layouts!) ...I used some of the shimmer paint to tint the layered yellow bloom in the center to draw in some of the pinkish tones on the page.  
There is a wonderful words/quotes rub-on sheet in the kit as well!  I have forgotton how much I really loved to use rub-on's on my work in the past until I got using them with these pages! 
For this page I combined a variety of the florals and branches in the kit, and liberally used some of the beautiful rub-on quotes.  There is also an awesome package of antique crochette lace in the kit that I just loved and used over and over in my pages! 
Check out the cute sheer ribbon and pearl blooms in the kit!  I just thought they made the cutest page accents! 

I really love butter yellow with soft blue as a color combination, so for this page I chose the elements in the kit that favoured these colors.
And finally a 3rd page I made using this kit I went with the fresh and pretty white blooms with the hint of cornflower blue.  And how cute are those vines?!   Here are some close-up pic's of the page and the goodies from the kit...



For the punched circle design, I used the Crafters Workshop Circle template to draw out the circle (I used the 6th ring from the center to make this design.  I used the Martha Stewart Swirling Lace corner punch to make the edge design.

 
Just cut out the circle using the 6th ring from the center of the template.  Then use the corner punch putting the edge of the punch design along the edge of the paper.  

Line up the edge of the punch to slightly overlap the outer edge of the punch design.  There will be a little gap on the edge (see diagram above) 
Happily using this size circle and this punch the design lines up perfectly to make this circle.  (If the design doesn't line up at the end, you can always cover the small gap with some blooms or embellishments when you place it on the page).

All I can say is that I wish I had more days in a month!  I still have so many papers and goodies left over from this gorgeous kit (not to mention the shadow box I'm still wanting to play with!).  If you haven't checked out this amazing kit club yet, go have yourself a peek (and check out the work of the rest of the super-talented design team when you are there, I'm sure you will be so inspired!!) Flying Unicorn Kit Club.  (I've added pic's of the kit and it's add-on's below just so you can have a visual of the yummy goodies!)

OCEAN BREEZE & SUMMER SKIES

JUNE KIT OF THE MONTH

The wait is over, and its time to introduce Ocean Breeze and Summer Skies, our June 2012 Kit of the Month. This month's kit is filled with so many goodies that inspiration and creativity will be falling off your projects! Kits are available now in the store and its first come, first serve. There are no lists or signs ups, We believe that scrapping is a passion and not an obligation . Hurry and get yours today , tomorrow could be too late !



The favorite part of the Kit- the OTP ( Off the Page) and this month we are featuring a shadow box, manufactured by Darice.



BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE !!!
Do not forget about the add ons

Petaloo Vine, Prima Painted ladies, Prima Fairy Belle, Prestige Mini by Wrights, Petaloo Peony
Butterflies by Petaloo, ZVA Creative Crystal, Tattered Angels – Chalkboard Mist, Vine by Petaloo, Rub Ons Kaiser –Rustic Bird House, Hero Art Lace, MM Glitter Brads, Chipboard Alphas Mini Flowers by Wright


Kaiser – Secret Bird – Private, Fairy Belle- Marcelle, Bo Bunny – Garden Almanac garden Vines, garden Weathered Kaiser madame Butterfly – Camisole,Bodice, Blouse, petticoat, Kaiser Up Up and Away – Rollercoaster, Moon Ride , Kaiser Blae and Ivy – Field
Ming, Periphery Gold, Reflections, rosemary, latte, Tangerine, Scotch, Sugar and Spice, Whitewash, Palm Grove
And here are some examples from the Creative Team
Thanks for having a peek! xx

24 comments:

Denise said...

OMGosh Gabi!!! You so rocked this kit!!! I am over the moon that you joined us this month..I can not pick a fave..they are all just SO beautiful honey!!!

SusieJ said...

Fabulous work Gabi!! I can't wait for my kit to arrive...you've showcased it beautifully!!
Hugs xx

Rosana Garcia Hess said...

Wonderful!!!
you inspire me!!!
kisses
Rosana

DUCHA said...

Absolutnie piękne prace. Super!!!!

DUCHA said...

Absolutnie piękne prace. Super!!!!

Maggi said...

I love everything you did with the kit!!! We really appreciate having you as our guest designer this month and look forward to more gorgeous creations from you!

Shona said...

oooooo I love everything that you have done with the kit!!! Such romantic soft layouts. GORGEOUS!!! I want to thank you so much for being our guest designer this month.

Tanya S said...

Wow these are stunning.I love these kits!! These must have taken forever to make !!So many details.....

pooky said...

My jaw is still on the floor....lol! Your layouts are stunning!!!!
♥Bev

Romy said...

Oh wow, absolutely stunning is the best way to describe the three layouts that you made with this kit. Such gorgeous work!

Tracey Gregory said...

Just gorgeous!! I love the idea t use the corner punch on a circle!

Patty O'Malley said...

Oh my goodness! You have created pure treasures with this gorgeous kit! When I think I've seen just about all there is in beautiful papercrafting items, more comes out! Love what you did here!

Lizzyc said...

Oh wow, your layouts are all so beautiful, soft, pretty and overflowing with loveliness.. and thanks for sharing about punching around a circle, it really looks fabulous!

Unknown said...

HI gabi Your work is always an inspiration so stunning the three layout.
hugs carla
I hope I coming soon to my blog too
my friend

Sandra said...

Wow Gabi.... I'm completely blown away by your creativity!!!!
Stunning, stunning, stunning!!!
Hugs
Sandra x

Stampin2day said...

What gorgeous layouts you created with Flying Unicorn's kit! I just love their kits and the girls in the forumn are the sweetest around! You have such amazing talent!

Rachael Elliott said...

WOW Gabi you have created some beautiful masterpieces with that amazing kit!

Debbie Sherman said...

Gabi, your layouts are gorgeous as always!!

Susan said...

Gabi, you always have such beautiful work displayed here on your blog! Isn't that corner punch great?! I've used it (and there are actually several that will do the same thing) several times...and I LOVE the lacy look! Your embellishments are absolutely perfect as always!!! Congrats on the GDT with The Flying Unicorn Kit Club...looks like a FABULOUS kit! I'm working hard to use up some of my stash...it can get overwhelming at times!! (Plus have to cut expenses as I'm only working part time now so that I'm here to take care of hubby.)

Keren Tamir said...

what you've created is absolutely stunning as usual!! love all the layouts!!

Sharoon said...

These are just stunning layouts. Thanks so much for the tutorial with the corner punch......will other designs work as well? Very impressive!

Rebecca said...

Absolutely beautiful layouts. I've been a fan of your blog for quite some time but it only occurred to me to actually become a follower! Love all your work you are very talented.

Laura Gilhuly said...

We love having you as part of the team this month! Your work, as always, is inspiring! Gorgeous creations!

Eila Sandberg said...

Holy smokes Gabi! I think you have outdone yourself with this kit - all of the pages are just so incredibly gorgeous! dunno where you get it girl, marvellous details and ooooh oooooh so beautiful layers! mwah!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails