Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Fun Little Bo Bunny Card (Plus a Template)!

Today's assignment at the Bo Bunny blog was to create a project using an embossing technique.  Well, let's just say this past week has been crazy hectic and a comedy of errors!  We had a beautiful family wedding over the weekend that caused me to put off this assignment till Sunday.  Sunday comes and I find we've got huge plumbing problems.  Long story short, my heat embossing tool gets ruined with water and now my plans for my embossed project is out the window!  Okay, 'Plan B' .....I think to myself, I saw this link on Pinterest for this cute folded paper dress design.  I'll do up the dress design on a card and use my Score Pal to do some 'dry embossing' on the edges of my card. Easy peasy right? ....Off I go to Pinterest, only to find that the template connected to the pin I had saved had been removed!  **Sigh** .....Well, I'm not ready to give up, finally I decided I would draw up my own template for the dress (it took a little fussing and measuring but I got it done!  I've posted my hand drawn template here for those of you who want to give this folde dress design a try.  (Below) Just right click on the picture of the template and 'Save Picture As' to your computer.  Then print out on the back of a 6x6 piece of patterned paper (I used the 6x6 paper pad from the Bo Bunny "Little Miss" collection for my dress, the back of it is plain white paper so you can print out on the back and cut it out) 
Above is a close-up view of the embossed edges I put on my card using the Score Pal. 
This is a picture of the template I made up for the Folded Paper Dress.  (Right click on the photo and 'Save Picture As' to your computer....set your printer to print on a 6x6 paper....it's better to use one sided patterned paper like you find in the Bo Bunny 6x6 paper pads so that you can better see the design when you print it out on the back of the paper.  Cut out and fold on the markings.).  I gave two different dress-top designs.  The one with the straight bottom edge is the one I used on my card....this one is good if you are using a ribbon in the center of the dress....the other is good if you are doing a corset style top...how cute would this be with a little lace up? huh?)

TIP:  I have one more little tip for you! Okay, I'm all thumbs when it comes to tying bows, especially small ones!  But I found a fun and easy way to tie a perfect bow on Pinterest.....USING A FORK!!  Here is the link TYING A BOW WITH A FORK  .....I used a velvet type ribbon so mine is a little bulky but I think you'd get even better results using a ribbon that is a little finer and has the design on both sides as opposed to the one-sided velvet ribbon I used. 

Thanks again for stopping by and for all the lovely feedback, I just love hearing from you all! xx 

30 comments:

Арина-Валерия said...

Очень красиво и необычно!So sweet!

Linda said...

You always make such beautiful things x

Edilza Teixeira Scrap e Artes said...

Oi Gabrielle!!!

O cartão ficou fantástico!!!

Beijos

MaineOkie said...

beautiful just beautiful!!!

Rina said...

BEAUTIFUL as uaual! WOW! I love this, and thanks for the template and the tips! Check out bow tying here:http://sweeetdesignsbycheryl.blogspot.com/2010/01/farm-fresh-fridaymonochromatic-madness.html


Rina fashionista

Karmeleiro said...

that's stunnig!

phamil said...

Gabi, what a gorgeous little card, and the little dress is darling, and thanks for sharing that template! You know I love all the pink!!!! Hugs!

Tee said...

Such a Beautiful Card! Love Your Dress! Thank You For Sharing The Template! Hugs,Tee

Rachael Elliott said...

Beautiful card Gabi!

Chrissy said...

This is amazing Gabrielle, so stunning...beautiful backing papers too, love the butterflies and colours..gorgeous work..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Crafty Loops said...

Wow this is incredibly beautiful and I love the fork tip too. Lee x

Carol W. said...

SO beautiful! Love the design and colors. Thank you for the template!

ms.schwiet said...

Tank you for sharing this awesome idea

Patty O'Malley said...

Love this card and your tips!

a1983alaskan said...

Amazing card! Thanks for the template, too, as I have a little niece who loves "dressy" cards for her birthday :-)

Amanda M said...

This is lovely, and thank you so much for the pattern and tips!

Lizzyc said...

Hi.. wow! DA really do create the most amazing chippies, these new ones are fabulous! and your card is so girly and beautiful.. and thank you for the template..always appreciate the scrappers who share their innovative ideas!!

Dawnas Place said...

Gabriella,

Everything you touch turns beautiful! TFS...Dawna

Hilde said...

Hello! Thanks for all inspiration, I have lifted you card.
Hope it is ok?!

Hugs Hilde

Eila Sandberg said...

Awww Gabi this is ADORABLE! love the velvet bow on the dress and how generous of you to share the template, just the beautiful thing you always do! xoxox

Marianne H said...

This is so, so nice. I just love it.

XxJULESxX said...

wow thank you for the template the card is gorgeous !!!

Gabriella said...

J'adore tes réalisations ! Tu as vraiment des doigts de fée !
Merci pour tes conseils et tes idées !
Gros bisous de la Gruyère

Diana Joy said...

So so pretty. Thank you for the gift of the template. I will use it.

elin said...

Beautiful card, love the dress. Thanks for sharing the template. I will have to try this one. Have a good day. :-)

Vivian said...

Just a lovely dress and card. Thanks so much for sharing how to make it and for the template.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the template. Like you, I also found out the linked template was missing. Thanks to you, I did find a template. Just printed, cut and folded it and wow! It looks gorgeous! I cut the whole body. Now all I have to do, is turn this into a nice card. For that you also provided an absolutely fantastic example. I love the embossed edges. Ah well, I just love all of it!

xx Monica

Unknown said...

In case you micht be interested, here's a link to what I did with your template. It worked perfect. Of course I added a link to this blogpost.

xx Monica

Capescrapper said...

This is so lovely! thanks for sharing!

DeniseD said...

Gabrielle,
Everytime I need something cool, I am automatically drawn to your work! All I have to do is see it and then look at who posted and so many times it's you. Love your stuff, keep it coming!!

Love
Denise

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails