Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Having Fun Mixing Collections! {Maja Design Papers}


Hi everyone!  For today's project I thought I would have some fun mixing collections. I just love pouring through my Maja Design papers and picking and choosing which designs I want to put together to make up a project! For this page I think I dipped into quite a few collections! For the base of the layout I used papers from the Sofiero collection, then for the fussy cut blooms and clocks I used paper from Vintage Autumn Basics. I even used a little strip of scrap paper I had left from Vintage Summer Basics (1922-bs) the small scallop strip with white dots, and some butterflies from Vintage Spring Basics.The photo I scrapped was one taken of my oldest daughter Chloe when we were out on a walk :)



Here is a close-up of the center piece of my layout, so you can see the fussy cut blooms and clocks that I adhered with foam pop dots so that they would stand up from the page. The chipboard frame is from Dusty Attic (Decorative Scroll #1) that I coated with Gesso, stamped and finished with a crackle varnish.


I did a lot of inking and spritzing for this page as well as a little bit of masking with stencils and texture paste. I used a little bit of Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Victorian Velvet along the bottom edge of the diagonal strip before I used a Crafters Workshop (Damask 6x6) stencil along the edge. For Spraying I used Lindy's 'Clam bake Biege' and Perfect Pearls 'Intereference Red' (it's more of a pink color with lots of shimmer). (most of these goodies are stuff that I have left from kits from The Scrapbook Diaries a great source in the USA/Canada for Maja Design products!)


I used another stencil in the top right corner (Prima Flourish 12x12) as well as lots of fun stamps, Prima Stitches Stamps, Bo Bunny Distressed stamps. Added a little washi tape (Freckled Fawn) and added more fussy cut images from the Vintage Autumn Basics collection. (I used the rose blooms from the Vintage Autumn Basics collection rather than the roses from the Sofiero collection, which I used for the background, because the images were a little deeper in color and I thought would work better for a fussy cut bloom.

Maja Design Supplies: Sofiero Collection (Enjoying the Fragrance-bs, Strolling Down the Rose Path-bs), Vintage Autumn Basics (No. II, No. XVI, VI-bs), Vintage Spring Basics (6th of May - fussy cut butterflies), Vintage Summer Basics (1922-bs)

Thanks for stopping by today and for the kind comments! xo xo

25 comments:

Rina said...

I TREASURE it when your creations appear on my blogger dashboard!!! This is sooooooo off the charts!!! Love it!!!

Thank you for being so inspiring and for sharing your beautiful creations with the world!

Rina

Evelyn Walter said...

Oh, what a nice page again! I really love your LOs!! I nearly can´t stop to look and look and look.....
Heartful greetings
Evelyn

Janene said...

This is beyond stunning. I love that chipboard frame and the way you backed it. Will be ordering for the store for sure!!!!!

Unknown said...

Absolutely drool worthy!

corryskaart said...

hoi gabrielle
wat een prachtig en romantisch geheel heb je hier van gemaakt,ziet er schitterend uit!!
groetjes van corry

Sarah - Crea S said...

Hi Gabrielle, wow what a stunning piece of art! Love it! The colours, how you've placed every little thing perfectly, the colours, the embellies, ... Can't say anything more than stunning!
Hugs,
http://littlecreass.blogspot.be/

Unknown said...

Perfection Gabrielle! Absolute perfection!! This layout is beyond gorgeous!!

Romy said...

Oh my, I just don't know what to say! This is jawdroppingly and breathtakingly gorgeous :)

Sue said...

Oh another stunning layout. I don't know how you do it Gabrielle. I love the way the photo is framed within the swirl.

Megs said...

Just when I think you could'nt stun me anymore with your creativity you do it again. This is just so beautiful!

Danoesja said...

Hi Gabriele

You show us that you can mix a lot of the Maja papers from different collections. I love al the cut blooms and clocks on your page and the picture fits very well in the chipboard from Dusty Attic, its very beautiful.

Hugs, Danoesja

Frk. Bogstad said...

Hello :) So great layout :)
I've seen some of the youtube videos and being totally amazed that it is possible to make so much delicious. Have added you to my blog list so I can keep up with what's going;)

(translated in google translate, just so you know;) )

Hugs from Audhild.

Laura said...

Love your work & this is beautiful. TFS

Debbie said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Patty O'Malley said...

OK, I think this is my new favorite creation of your's! Absolutely breathtaking! Would love to see it in person to see all the fantastic details!

Paula Calvanico said...

So pretty. Your layouts are like sweet little vignettes :) I just adore them!

Paula

tracy said...

Beautiful layout as always. I really enjoy your work and think you are incredibly talented. I have requested this before please do videos showing your process. I would love to learn to do what you do. Thanks for sharing.

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

You always have ideas to inspire me endlessly! Thank you for sharing your talent Gabrielle. This is another stunningly gorgeous layout. I love the fussy cuts and clusters of embellies. Beautiful mess :)
Hugs,
Asmah

mommyx2 said...

So so beautiful!

Heather Jacob said...

OMG OMG OMG this is so heavenly and glorious ... enchanting and beautiful. drooling here Gabrielle xoxo

Brendaxx said...

Stunning page!! Love it!!

Miranda Edney said...

BREATHTAKING!!!!!

Lizzyc said...

Wow definitely my new fav.. this is stunning, love the design and so many wonderful embellishments tucked in and under.. love the round photo too.. beautiful..

ScrapGonkowa said...

Witam!
Oooo! Great system, composition this layout! I see it the first time. Congratulations idea!

Sorry for my english :-)
Margaret

Sandrine Le Roux said...

this is beautiful, everything you do is beautiful. I love

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails