Friday, November 8, 2013

Creating with Bo Bunny's New Kraft Collection!

 
I was so excited when I saw the beautiful array of goodies in the Bo Bunny Kraft collection!  The wooden embellishments, the amazing textures in the Pleated Burlap and Canvas Lace strips, the adorable Kraft bags and printed papers!  The neutral tones work with any color or paper design! Personally I love combining them with the Double Dot Papers!

 
For this card I began with some paper I cut as a background from one of the larger printed paper bags (Clocks), layered on some Island Mist Double Dot paper and then embellished with Stickers found in the Clock Kraft bags pkg.  I added a strip of the Canvas Pleated Lace and put a Jewel strip (from the Avenues collection) in the center of the pleated canvas .
 
 
I wanted some medium size blooms for this card so I made them myself from Bo Bunny Chiffon Dot paper and used a floral die cut.  I tinted the center petals with some soft aqua ink to bring in the colors of the Island Mist double dot paper.
 
Bo Bunny Supplies:
Card Stock: Island Mist Double Dot, Chiffon Double Dot (for Blooms), Clover Double Dot (leaves)
Kraft: Gift Bags Clocks (plus matching stickers)
Kraft: Canvas Pleated Lace
Jewels: The Avenues
Stamps: Praire Chic, You're Invited Large Stamps
Noteworthy: Autumn Song
 

I thought rather than going with another card, I would instead make up a tag using a similar color scheme (after-all I like to use up papers I've already cut into, no need to waste right?)  I cut a tag shape from the left over Clocks paper and a slightly smaller one from the Island Mist Double Dot.  I wanted to have shabby-chic feel so I tore an extra strip from the clock design paper and adhered it over the tag.
 
 
Again, the blooms were made using flower die cuts and some Chiffon double dot paper.  I just tinted the outside edges of the petals with some aqua chalk ink and added flower stamens in the centers.  Adding some twine and more lacy die cuts, a clock hand from the Kraft Wood Clocks package and a green adhesive pearls....you have a quick and easy tag.
 
Bo Bunny Supplies:
Cardstock: Island Mist Double Dot, Chiffon Double Dot, Clover Double Dot
Kraft: Gift Bags Clocks
Kraft: Wood Clocks
Stamps: You're Invited Large Stamps
Jewels: Apple Cider
 
Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for the kind feedback and comments! xo xo
 


18 comments:

Hilde said...

I love this card and tag!! Just stunning!!
Have a nice weekend!

Krisha said...

I was just drooling over your card and then the tag pops into view. Both are just fabulous! Love the color combo you used.

OriBella said...

Beautiful card and tag!!!:)

Romy said...

You simply outdid yourself with the kraft collection! Such an amazing lay-out!

sun_ray / Svetlana Rekunchak said...

Очень интересные и привлекательные работы.

Paula Calvanico said...

Beautiful, simply lovely :)

Paula

Mary Elizabeth said...

I love the tag ... but that card is incredible. The textures just make the card. Flowers, wood, burlap, canvas lace, and the papers ... it was such a pleasure to keep discovering all the different layers. I really love the color pallet as well. Bo Bunny has beautiful pieces, but you put them together in a gorgeous piece of art.

Thanks for dropping by my blog and the sweet comments. You made my day:) Have a lovely weekend.

-- Mary Elizabeth

Cathy said...

WOW totally gorgeous Gabrielle, so much beautiful detail and texture!!

Patty O'Malley said...

Well, first, I was knocked over by your stunning card! It is so beautiful! And then, be still my heart--my most favorite type of paper craft, the tag! Your's is absolutely gorgeous! I am going back to look at the details more closely. Just exquisite!!

Ellen said...

AWESOME, love the colors and the details!!

Hugs and have a nice weekend,
Ellen

Heather Jacob said...

absolutely glorious Gaby, you create such awesome projects , perfect colors and design , love these, swoon x

Unknown said...

I just love your style. The card and tag are both so classy and the colors are stunning.

Maria said...

Oh I love these so much! Is that a die or a punch you've used for you leaves Gabrielle?

Lizzyc said...

HI.. Wow these look wonderful.. kraft works so well with the soft aqua colors and your flowers are divine.. beautiful creations!

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Hi Maria, the leaves are a Quickutz die, I just sit down every once in a while and cut a whole bunch from somegreen cardstock so I have them ready to go when I need them :)

Lisa Minckler said...

When I am no longer in shock and can form a sentence, I'll be back to tell you HOW gorgeous this is. LOL...as if I need to tell you that... ;)
Beautiful job here. Love them both.
Lisa

Tone M. said...

I love the beautiful tag, feels like springtime

Margaret Mifsud said...

These are amazing Gabrielle!! Love the colours and the flowers are just beautiful!! Both pieces are stunning!! ox

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails