Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Home Decor ~ Wall Hanger {Maja Design, Dusty Attic and Shimmerz Paints}


Hi everyone!  Today I have a really fun home decor project to share with you all using a Dusty Attic wood Door Hanger and some lovely papers from the Maja Design paper collection called Enjoying the Outdoors.

Enjoying-Outdoors-KL

I began by tracing the shape of the chipboard sign on the Enjoying the Outdoors 'Autumn Picnic paper.  I glued this to the chipboard with a brush and a mixture of 50% white glue with 50% water.   I then used a decorative edge scissor to cut out a complimentary colored patterned paper from the Enjoying the Outdoors collection called "Colorful".


I used a TCW stencil called 'Art Is' with homemade texture paste to add some texture to the darker of the two papers. I chose some Prima white roses and gave them a pinkish/mauve center by dabbing some Shimmerz Precious Posey Inklingz and Berry Hot Creameez.  As a final touch to my centerpiece design I cut out a couple of the little butterflies from the Enjoying the Outdoors 'Garden Creatures' paper.


I added delicate scroll to the bottom of the hanger (Dusty Attic's Ornamental Trim set), painted it white and stamped it with a crackle stamp I designed for The Scrapbook Diaries.  Final touch was to add some adhesive pearls that complimented the colors in the gorgeous Maja papers.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!  Just want to let you all know that you can find Maja Design papers, Dusty Attic chipboard and my stamp sets over at The Scrapbook Diaries.  Also have some great news for those of you living Down Under! (Australia, New Zealand) ....Joanne Flannery has a wonderful store (and online shop!) called Embellish It! that now carries all my stamp sets as well as all of the stencils that I designed for The Crafters Workshop!  You can find her shop HERE.


8 comments:

_Nikolka_ said...

super!

Roosterhead Designs said...

It's lovely Gabrielle!! Beautiful idea for gift-giving as well~
I love the vintage-shabby vibe: )and the added touch of 'crackle' to the scroll is perfect! TFS (the links too:) and I hope all is well. ~Karen O

azuremoon said...

Blown away by this. So pretty and your so creative. Thank you for sharing

Romy said...

Oh this looks so gorgeous! I love, love, love it, Gabi!

Beverley said...

Delightful wall-hanging Gabi!! Wonderful news for we "down-under ladies" re your stamps and stencils. I have just placed an order!! xx

Ann said...

Very pretty Door Hanger, I love the colours you've chosen to use.
Do you know of any craft suppliers in England that stock your stamps, particularly the water droplets one, I love that stamp and cannot find a supplier anywhere here. x

Stempelhexe said...

Was für ein hervorragendes Hängerchen, ein tolles Werk.

LG
Ulla

Linda said...

Beautiful and creative!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails