Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Breathe {Maja Design and Dusty Attic}


Hi everyone!  I'm happy to share with you today a layout I made using the cheerful sunny, Maja Design "Walking in the Forest" collection, as well as some clock images cut from the Vintage Autumn Basics paper collection.
  Walking-in-the-forest-P

I used the following papers:  Walking in the Forest (Autumn Poem, Flannel Shirt-bs, Cozy Scarf-bs), Vintage Autumn Basics (XVI)....love this paper for it's lovely clock accents!

  Breath_GabriellePollacco_Maja_close1

I used the Autumn Poem paper as my background matting paper and then cut the backside of the 'Flannel Shirt' paper to leave about an inch around the outside of the paper.  I inked the background with some Tim Holtz 'Antique Linen' Distress ink around the photo area using a sponge applicator.  I then did a little stamping with a couple of stamps I designed for The Scrapbook Diaries (brick stamp from my textures set and some script from my Labels stamp set).

  Breath_GabriellePollacco_Maja_close2

The title is from a Dusty Attic word pack #10.  I gave all my chipboard a coat of white Gesso (I like to do this so that when I ink them, the colors show up brighter).  I then inked the chipboard with a Denim Distress Ink.
  Breath_GabriellePollacco_Maja_close3

I used the Dusty Attic 'Leafy Scroll' chipboard design for my corner accent.  Again I painted it white with Gesso and then just randomly inked the leaves with Ingvild Bolme 'Rock Moss' chalk ink and edging with some Ingvild Bolme 'Branch Bark' chalk ink.

  Breath_GabriellePollacco_Maja_close4

I cut banner strips from the backside of the Cozy Scarf paper and layered a few under the corner vine as well as under the photo area. Do you ever have a page where you thoroughly enjoy working on it?This is one of those layouts for me....the colors make me happy and every piece just seemed to work.

You can find Maja Design Papers and Dusty Attic Chipboard and my Stamp Designs at The Scrapbook Diaries.  (For those of you in Australia/New Zealand you can find my stamps at Embellish It!) ....And some good news for those of you in the UK!  There is a shop called The Mad Scrapper owned by Janine O'Roarke who is arranging to carry my stamps in her store, I will let you all know when she has them in stock! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, I so enjoy reading your sweet comments and feedback! xo

16 comments:

_Nikolka_ said...

very nice and gently!

Unknown said...

So beautiful! I absolutely love the muted tones of the paper and those flowers are divine! Thank you for the inspiration!
~~julia~~

Four11Lady said...

Exquisite!

Romy said...

Your layout is truly gorgeous! I really love the soft and romantic look of it and the pretty details that you incorporated.

Roosterhead Designs said...

Oh my Gabrielle, such a fresh and lovely l/o!!
your stamps are beautiful! (so is that photo:) And I really like
the soft; almost spring-like color palette~ I see some great stitching and layers too!
Thanks for sharing- you inspire! ~Karen O

Patty O'Malley said...

Pretty layout, Gabi!

purplecrazymom said...

Love this layout! I have always loved blue and adding a little yellow makes it all so peaceful to me. Awesome job!

Beverley said...

Oh Gabi, this layout is just SO lovely and SO you!! Lucky me, I made contact with Joanne/"Embellish-It" in N.Z. and in a matter of a few days had your stamps here in my Australian mail-box! xx

Janene said...

beautiful as always! Love that vine - so wish they were still available

Dria said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Lizzyc said...

This is gorgeous! I love the brick stamp behind your photo and the spray of flowers too. The corner scroll looks wonderful too!

Wanda said...

Beautiful work. Also thanks for the video a few days ago. I really enjoy watching them.

Rachelle Olaridge said...

So gorgeous Gabi. Love details, colors those awesome stamps.Thanks to my #1 Designer for the inspiration.
Huggies!

Unknown said...

I absolutely adore this layout! Love the colors very much

Rita Artes said...

Beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing excellent informations on Online shopping Offer I Enjoyed reading post on your blog.!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails