Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Memories {Maja Design & Scrapbook Diaries Kit/Video Tutorial}

 
Hi everyone!  I've got another layout today that I made using Maja Design papers for The Scrapbook Diaries.  I did another paper gather technique for this one and as always you can have unlimited viewing of the video tutorial with the purchase of this lovely kit from Scrapbook Diaries.

 
I did some fussy cutting from one of my favorite papers from Maja Design 'Vintage Autumn Basics', the floral paper labelled 'No. II', I also cut out a number of the clocks from the paper labelled 'XVI'.  I did an underlayer of gathered paper using the 'Heritage' paper from the same collection.  And finished the design using some of the lovely new 'Mini Hinges' from Dusty Attic.

 
Here is a close up look at some of the fussy cutting and the gathered paper design that I have peeking out of a tear in the paper. 

 
A close-up view of some of the embellishments included in this page kit.  In video I show how I used the Tattered Angels Mist and package of Bo Bunny stamps (included in the kit) to create the background desing on this page.
 
 
I created a quick template that you can save to your computer, for cutting out the heart design I used on this page.  Just right click on the photo above and 'save picture as' to your computer.  When you go to print, print on a standard 8.5 x 11 inch paper.
 
NOTE:  This is a slightly more advanced page design but I feel with the video tutorial you won't have a problem creating the design....but if you would like to keep it more simple you can put the patterned paper in as a single flat layer as well and still have a lovely page design.
 
If you would like to try creating this page and purchase the materials I used to create this layout you can check out The Scrapbook Diaries,  Janene's kits are always an amazing value and have so many wonderful and unique papers, embellishments and mixed media items.  You also get unlimited access to the video tutorial I created to go with this page design.  You can find out more info and  purchase this kit from The Scrapbook Diaries HERE.
 
Hope you enjoyed my project today and feel inspired to get your scrap on! xo
 

28 comments:

Amy Voorthuis said...

Gorgeous Gabi <3 it xxx

Carole Wright said...

wow gorjuss indeed.

Lynn said...

Simply amazing! Love every little bit of it!

Evelyn Walter said...

Absolutely outstanding, dear Gabi! I admire your creativity!
Hugs
Evelyn

Romy said...

Your lay-out is truly lovely and it looks so romantic with the gorgeous hearts and stitching. Gorgeous work!

Juliz Design Post said...

Another beautiful piece of work on your blog.
Always look forward to seeing your posts.

Julie x

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Wow Gabriella,this LO looks really gorgeous. What a stunning effect have you reached with this technique( what you did with the paper). It seems almost like the curtains of a stage...wow I really love it. Greetings Miranda

Patty O'Malley said...

So beautiful, Gabi!

Phi said...

Such a beautiful page. You are amazing with paper.

LISA said...

Another gorgeous dreamy layout!

Cindy Gay said...

Love the pleated paper and textures.

Lizzyc said...

HI..This is beyond beautiful.. so pretty so feminine love the fussy cut roses, love the paper pleating.. so much to love.. Have a wonderful Christmas!! Thanks for all the amazing inspiration I have gleaned from you this year too..xx

Trish said...

Your work is stunning and inspirational.
A favourite of mine,thanks so much for sharing xx

Dorthe said...

You´ve created another stunning page! I always get so inspired by your work, but i can´t make it half as pretty. ;)
I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas - i look forward to follow you on all my favorite blogs in 2014 too.
Hugzz Dorthe

Anonymous said...

This is a masterpiece!~
It invokes feelings in me of vintage
curtains; or an antique trunk filled with gorgeous lacy
treasures and bits of
feminine and romantic ephemera~!
There is always beauty in your work Gabi!
Thanks for sharing~

Sandi Clarkson said...

Swoon! So very gorgeous, Gabi! You constantly inspire!

Анна said...

Ваши работы каждый раз вызывают у меня восторг!!!

Eila Sandberg said...

Dearest Gabi, even if time passes at super sonic speed and it seems like eons ago that I came for a visit, I do keep tabs on you and cheer loudly at your scrappy victories. Just popping in to wish you lots of love, joy and happiness. Merry Christmas sweetie! xoxo

Tracey Gregory said...

This is sooo beautiful! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Denise van Deventer said...

Wow....this is such a stunning page! Absolutely love it! ;-)

SusanLotus said...

Your art is always amazingly beautiful!

Thanks for the template
and
Happy New Year 2014!

Susan

Pat Beaumont said...

Absolutely stunning

Karen McDonald-Scrapbook treasures and more said...

Just beautiful! Your work really inspires me. Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely STUNNING!!!! You are very talented!!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Stunning page Gabrielle ... love the 'gathered' paper, so gorgeous!!! ox

Mary Elizabeth said...

Definitely one of my favorite layouts Gabrielle!! Wow ... the gathered paper looks like fabric ... amazing job! And I adore the hinges. Wonderful way to preserve absolutely lovely memories :) Mary Elizabeth

Capturing Moments in Time said...

Beautiful, as always!!

itsazoo said...

Awesome.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails