Thursday, October 3, 2013

Cardmaking with 'The Avenues' {Bo Bunny}

I just can't get enough of scrapping with the beautiful The Avenues collection, and I can't bear to throw my scraps away either.  This card was literally made of a few little scraps I had left over from other projects.  Quick and easy!

Here I just handcut two heart designs and machine stitched them for a homespun look.  Added some burlap and wrapped on some twine.  I topped it off with one of those adorable new wood clock embellishments!
 
Bo Bunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Antique, Dot, Stripe/The Avenues
Jewels: The Avenues
Kraft Wood Clocks

I just love all the shutter, door, window and clock designs in this collection!  Using these little design elements make it quick and easy to create a fun and cheerful card.

I created blooms in just the shade of peachy pink I was looking for by using the coordinating patterned papers to hand-make my blossoms.  I used some kitchen cheesecloth to make my curtains for my card design.
 
Bo Bunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper:  Antique, Song Bird, Shutters, Dot/The Avenues
Packaging from the The Avenues Layered Chipboard (background paper behind window)
Layered Chipboard: The Avenues
Jewels: The Avenues
Misc Me: Journal Contents (fussy cut the bird/branch from one of the cards)
Extras: twine, cheesecloth, die cuts from Cheery Lynn Designs (Window and leaves) and Spellbinders (blooms)
 


14 comments:

Sandra said...

Both are just gorgeous, thanks for sharing your techniques.

Аня said...

Very cosy and beautiful!

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful cards, Gabi, and wonderful ideas on using your scraps to make the hearts and flowers to coordinate so well!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

wow what beautiful cards!

thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a kind comment. i appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL OMW! Love these cards~
Love the textural feel for sure w/the twine and burlap -
also the 'curtains'!
The CL window is so pretty!
& I like the added touch of punching on the inside/bk of the card!
I need to remember that:)
TFS~Karen

Michelle said...

Beautifully done! Love the use of twine. Very pretty!

Danielle Champagne said...

OH! I am in love with your window card! Absolutely gorgeous Gabrielle. Love the sewed hearts on the first one too! fabulous collection of paper, I understand not wanting to throw away one bit! Hugs. have anice day!

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Two beautyful cards,the one on top stole my ♥,greetings Miranda

Romy said...

Oh, these cards turned out so romantic and beautiful! I really love all the pretty details that you added to them.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards Gabi!
That paper is really tempting me! LOL
Thanks for sharing these great ideas
and your beautiful creations~!

Cindy Gay said...

So pretty and unique!

Carole Wright said...

HI Gabby these are just lovely.

mommyx2 said...

Gorgeous!!! I so love your work!

Lizzyc said...

Oh so beautiful, love your special touches like the burlap and cloth.. I have these papers but am yet to create with them.. Have a lovely day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails