Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Layouts in Under an Hour {With Bo Bunny}

This may seem like a layout that took over an hour to create, but it wasn't!  I was asked to make some pages using the newest collections for Bo Bunny's booth at CHA but I was under a tight time crunch....my solution?
~ First I started with a page design that I had created before and just followed the design for this page. For me what takes the longest is all the fussing about, moving pieces, deciding on what to put where....so using the a design that I created before really helps in cutting the time factor down.
~ Bo Bunny makes loads of amazing and beautiful coordinating embellishments that makes dressing up a page fast and easy! Chipboard, blooms, lace...all made to match your layout, just peel and stick!
~ and finally I gather together all the materials I'll need to make up my page, inks, paints, sewing machine, punches....and have them ready to go. So I don't spend a lot of time while I'm making my page look for stuff. Following a preset design helps make it easy to know what things you will need as well.  Here are some close-up pics.....


Extra Tip: Another time saving thing I like to do is when I'm just sitting and watching TV I'll take some Clover Green Double Dot paper and just punch a whole lotta leaf designs from it and keep them in a little baggie ready to go for when I'm making up a bloom cluster for a page)

Supplies:
Patterned Paper: C'est La Vie (Voila, Belle)
Cardstock: Chocolate Dot Clover Dot
12x12 Chipboard: C'est La Vie
Layered Chipboard: C'est La Vie
Brads: C'est La Vie
Trinkets: C'est La Vie
Buttons: C'est La Vie
Noteworthy: C'est La Vie
Blossoms: Blush Zinnia, Blush Daisy
Paper Lace Doilie: Large
 
If you haven't gotten your hands on some of the NEW Bo Bunny C'est La Vie collection, let me just tell you, this collection scraps itself!  It's so beautiful and easy to work with!  And do give my tips a try for speading up your layout making process, whether you re-do a design you've already done or scraplift a design you like! xo 

17 comments:

Unknown said...

So pretty in pink luv it.
Chris x

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Wow! Gorgeous! Let's see; 1 hour equals 1 lo, 24 hours will be 24 lo's ~ how cool is that! And the next 24 hrs will see me sleeeeeeping, hihi. I love your tips Gaby, tfs. So far I have never redo my lo's or scraplift; I try :) BTW, thanks for your confidence in me winning one of the challenges I partake for the Welcome Home card I made recently; I won Pick Of The Week at Sketches 4 All. Thanks to you :)
Hugs,
Asmah

Tone-Lill said...

Just amazing ... Love the LO and the fact that it only took an hour makes it even more amazing. Realy brilliantly made :)

Unknown said...

So pretty! I love the soft colors, and chipboard details. You are incredibly talented Gabrielle!

Romy said...

Wow, so gorgeous! You really are a star. If I would have done a lay-out in under an hour, it would definitely haven't looked like this!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! I love all the coordinating details so beautifully placed :)
These tips are well worth remembering! I think it will work for card making as well!
Actually, by using the same l/o several times, I may get 2 or 3 cards in an hour? well.. maybe!
Thank you for all you share, your work is so pretty~

Patty O'Malley said...

This layout is so beautiful! I love the brown and pink color combo as well as the fact that the pattern paper is turned to the side.

Nina said...

Love your creation and its beautiful details !

:-) Nina

Lizzyc said...

Wow I don't think I have ever taken less then a few hours to complete a layout! I love your tips, and that really makes sense to be cutting something out while watching tv!! (I guess that is my new excuse for not being on the treadmill!!!!) love these papers and bo bunny make amazing flowers too!!

Unknown said...

This page along with all others, is absolutely beautiful! You are an amazing artist! Extremely talented! Thank you so much for all of your tutorials and allowing others to peak at your "magic". Do you know what an inspiration you are? :)

Hanna - Rebecca " TheMissHaven " said...

Wonderful , wonderful , wonderful ;)
Your layouts are the best of the best!!
Thanx for sharing and have a gorgeous day!! ;)
Hugs Rebecca

Danoesja said...

Hi Gabrielle

You are really a star, its so beautifull. I get a lot of inspiration from you and have all ready working these out, not so good as you but i am on the way.
Thanks for sharing your tutorials whit us.

Greetings, Danoesja

Karen Shady said...

you are AMAZING Gabi !!! 1 hour to create this!!! OMGoodness. I can only wish I could do that xx
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend

Edilza Teixeira Scrap e Artes said...

Oi Gabrielle!!!

Amo os seus trabalhos. salvo todos no arquivo GABRIELLE POLLACCO. Parabéns pelo belíssimo LO.

Beijos

Uhu work said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Judy said...

WOW what an incredible LO..and it's just perfect for the photo..fantastic!

xo

Rhonda said...

Such a beautiful layout. I LOVE your work!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails