Friday, January 25, 2013

Webster's Pages 'New Beginnings' & NEW Charms!

Here's a photo I recently scrapped with some of the new sweet papers in the Websters Pages 'New Beginnings' collection. I was so atracted to the soft blues and warm yellows in this one. Meagan is such a hat girl, she's always loved wearing them from babyhood to now. I embellished this page with some new and older Websters pages embellishments from the new Metal Charms to an old favourite of mine, the Bloomers. Here are some close-up pic's of the page....
I wanted to show a fun way to attach some of the new charms. I just love the new Key Charm (above)...When I was scrolling through Pinterest on my phone a little while back I saw someone had attached a key to one of their projects in a similar way. I unfortunately couldn't find the pin again when I got onto my computer so I can't give credit to the person I saw using this 'X' design, sorry about that. To attach the key I punched 4 eyelets into the background paper and then ran twine through the loop of the key to hold it into place. I did also use some heavy duty Tombo two sided adhesive on the back of the key as well to hold it in place (just as an extra measure).
This close-up shows some of the layering of embellishments in a little more detail. I used some of the new Dusty Attic Corrugated Card and a little snippit of a Dusty Attic Vine Border.  I also used my favourite butter yellow Bloomers from Websters pages and a portion of one of their gathered blooms called Princess Petals.  The small white/blue blooms are from Dusty Attic.
And finally here is a close-up of more Websters Pages embellies I used on the page. The crochetted circle is part of a set from the 'In Love' collection and the cameo is one of the Perfect Accents from the Palm Beach collection (I thought the nautical design would work well with the colors in the page).  The yellow butterfly is cut from a contact sheet I made up of this butterfly in many sizes (If you missed it you can find the contact sheet that I shared with my readers a while back in the right side column of my blog under 'Yellow Butterfly Contact Sheet' <~~~ Or you can click this link). Thanks again for stopping by my blog today! Hope you all have a fun scrappy weekend!
 

22 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful...love all the embellishing...great pic too! Lee-Ann :)

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Stunning and sweet! Love the charm and Megan is so adorable!
Hugs,
Asmah

Dorthe said...

Wauw - what a gorgeous page! Love the embellishments youve used!

Sue said...

Beautiful embellishments and the way you use them on your layouts is wonderful. Always full of inspiration.

Jenny said...

beautiful pappers=) love the colors and the embelisment works perfect!

morkaren said...

Smukt, du sætter de dejligste farver og pynt sammen, det er en fornøjelse at se på. knus morkaren.

Becky said...

wow..This is stunning! It is not just a page but ART at its best. Gorgeous details and what a fabulous photo!

Romy said...

Ooh, how beautiful! Your lay-out is so pretty and sweet. I love the way you layered the mini papers behind the photo.

Unknown said...

this is so gorgeous !!!

oxox carla

Patty O'Malley said...

So pretty! Love the embellishments!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Stunning layout, Gabrielle. I love how you attached the key charm, so unique. Gorgeous photo too. ox Marg

Sandi Clarkson said...

Love seeing all the great details! Crazy kind of wonderful!

Lynne said...

Gorgeous layout!! Love how you attached the key, and the layering is perfect!

scrapbookertink said...

Haven't been over in a whils, so caught up on all your stunning work, take care, x

Unknown said...

Oh how pretty and cute and soft and well just perfect. You are making me want to create something... but I have too many unfinished projects! Stop by and see my printables when you get some time <3

Thanks for sharing!
God bless....Brooke

http://creativecountrymom.blogspot.com/
My home and garden site...

http://brookekroeger.blogspot.com/
My Vintage Art and Printables site...

Cindy Gay said...

Beautiful layers and charming photo!

Unknown said...

This is just stunning! Such a beautiful page x

celesteina said...

I love all the embellishments!! Great job!!!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Oh my goodnesss....I love the twine around the photo!!!!! Just a fabulous page!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful new line from WP'S!! (Meg's is such a peanut! - DON'T tell her I called her that! LOL)
Your textures and use of "old and new" always inspire me!! This is fresh and beautiful~

Deborah W said...

I have just found your site - oh, my goodness! I am enthralled by your work and tried to get a copy of Australian Scrapbook Idea's Magazine - but they don't ship to England. Such a shame!

Thanks so much for sharing!
Deborah W x

phamil said...

I don't know how, but your work has been even more amazing lately! This is just gorgeous, and I love this collection! BEautiful, and love how you used the twine to make the circular frame! Gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails