Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Some Fun with Bo Bunny's Pinspiration Challenge

Each month Bo Bunny has the design team members pick an inspiring photo from Pinterest and create a layout inspired by the photo! This month it was my turn to pick! and being the Pinterest junkie that I am, it was not easy to choose!! But I ended up picking the soft feminine photo above, mainly because I knew that Bo Bunny has their new beautiful collection called Isabella coming out! So many pretty pinks and greys in this collection! So here is the layout I came up with for this challenge...
I was so happy with this layout as I was looking at it in the light within my house while I was scrapping! But oddly, pink is one of those colours that can change with outside (natural light!), some of the pinks turned out cool and some warm! But it's okay, most of the time with l/o will be viewed indoors :)
I wanted to immitate the soft look of the ruffles in the photo onto the page so I created some paper ruffles using the patterned paper I cut a bunch of strips and lightly moistened the paper and gathered one edge to create the ruffle.  I used regular Arleen's glue to attach it to the page.  I also used a bunch of NEW Bo Bunny goodies newly released at the CHA, New bling flourishes, Paper Lace doilies!  Here are the products I used on the page:
 
Patterned Paper: Isabella (Savvy, Carissima, Becoming)
Cardstock: Tutu Dot
6x6 Paper Pad: Natural Necessities (Black & White Dot)
Layered Stickers: Isabella
Combo Stickers: Isabella
Brads: Isabella
Trinkets: Isabella
Jewels: Isabella
Noteworthy: Isabella (Butterflies)
Stamps: Prairie Chic
Jewel Flourishes: Frosting Jewels
Paper Doilies: Small
Lace: Blush
I should also mention that I couldn't make up my mind between 2 photos to use for the Pinspiration challenge so we ended up going with two of them!  To see the photos and play along in the challenge as well as see more samples by our amazing design team, click this link Bo Bunny Blog

18 comments:

Cathi ONeill said...

Oh my goodness, this layout takes my breath away. So beautiful!

Keren Tamir said...

Oh gosh Gabi. This is one of your bests ever and that's hard as all of yours are gorgeous. This is stunning!!!

Dorthe said...

What a gorgeous layout you created! Those colors are sooo pretty together and your details are always amazing!
I didnt know that Bo Bunny had a challenge - so thanks for the information.
Hugs Dorthe

Lynn said...

I'm still in awe. This is just fabulous! How do you think of these ideas? lol.. Your amazing..that's how! I loved every detail.. the pleated paper and ribbon..amazing details. Have a fabulous day!

angel said...

Piękna praca!:)

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Wow!!!! Such a stunning LO Gabrielle. Love the design and ruffles. Your work blows my mind each time I see it. Thanks for being one of my fave designers and the inspiration.
Huggies
Rachelle

Patricia said...

You just never cease to amaze me Gabrielle!!! This is just...well...amazing!!!I can just see myself trying the ruffles and having them end up in the waste basket and me being sooooo frustrated because they don't look right! I know...tried to make rosette flowers and that's what happened to them, lol!But you make it seem so easy, I just might give it a try!!!

Romy said...

Oh gosh, this is definitely my absolute favourite of your lay-outs! I really love the gorgeous dress that you made with paper ruffles and lace. Honestly, where do you get all those amazing ideas from? I definitely need to PIN more too ;)

morkaren said...

Hvor er det smukt. knus morkaren.

Patty O'Malley said...

How beautiful is this!! Love the ruffled papers and the color combination.

Anita said...

That is gorgeous Gabrielle!! I love the dress too.

Cindy Gay said...

Your ruffles are prettier than the gown! Beautiful!

Lizzyc said...

HI.. This looks AAA-MAYYY-ZZINGGG!
I love the ruffled skirt too, and I really love these papers, will definitely have them in my sites when they come out in australia!! Really Beautiful layout!! so feminine!!

Denise van Deventer said...

Such a beautiful and soft layout! The layering is so gorgeous and the accents just perfect! Stunning!

Unknown said...


Oh how pretty is that. I love all the colors. Your making my wheels spin with ideas!

Thanks for sharing!
God bless....Brooke

http://creativecountrymom.blogspot.com/
My home and garden site...

http://brookekroeger.blogspot.com/
My Vintage Art and Printables site...

Jen said...

When I saw the inspiration photo on the Bo Bunny site I knew I would scroll down and see that you would have the layout I envisioned with those colors and textures. You totally nailed it in my opinion. So beautiful!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Oh! Those ruffles! And the flowers....like a scene from A Midsummer's Night Dream.....just gorgeous!

Unknown said...

wow a big stunning design love so ruffles design

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails