Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Scrapping Fairytale Colors with Maja Design!

I have to admit, when I first received my package of beautiful Maja Design papers one of the first collections to capture my attention where these gorgeous papers from the Ska vi ta en Fika collection! I love the color purple but I tend to only like to scrap this color in the more muted shades like dusty plums and this collection has the exact shades I love! And combine it with gentle earth tones and I'm in heaven! Then after hearing the story behind the papers, well, it just made scrapping with them so much more enjoyable! (You can find the story in Jenny Grotherus's post from a couple weeks back on the Maja blog)
As always the hardest part about working with these beautiful papers is making that first cut!! I always feel like purples/plums and greens make me think of fairytales and in keeping with this idea I wanted the page to have a playful lush look to it. One of the central designs of the page is the heart embellishments I made to decorate it.
I cut out 3 hearts from the patterned papers and inked the edges with some plum chalk ink and highlighted them with a dash of drybrushing with white acrylic paint. Then to make the hearts really stand out from the background I did some random doodling around the edges with a fine point brown pen (Martha Stewart Sepia writing pen).
 
I finished off the page by adding some floral accents (Recollections and Dusty Attic) and some of my favourite chipboard pieces from Dusty Attic (Mini Arch Windows, Vine Scroll, Dusty Attic Blossoms: Dusty In Bloom Evening Blush, Dusty Attic Crackle Medium) The Cameo is from Websters Pages (Perfect Accents). Tucking in bits and pieces of lace is just one of those things that just work so well with these lovely vintage papers. Here is a supply list of the Maja Design papers I use on this page.
Supplies:
  Ska vi ta en Fika (Soders Hojder-bs, Chaite, Chaite-bs, Blommor pa Blordet, Favoriter-bs)

If you haven't dug into these papers yet, you are in for a treat!  Maja Design is adding to their list of International retailers and if you want to have them brought in to you locally, be sure to let your local scrap store know of your interest in them, Jenny and Maria would be happy to send them a full catalogue!

Before I sign off for today I just wanted to share a beautiful little sneaky peek of the NEW Spring collection that Maja Design is bringing out in February!! I can't wait!!

Happy Scrapping!! xo

24 comments:

Judy said...

Absolutely stunning design...gorgeous colors and beautifully presented.

xo
Judy

Keren Tamir said...

Love this collection. Just used it on my CM kit. Love the bleeding hearts and the fairy tale feel of this LO. Gorgeous as always.

Patty O'Malley said...

Oh my gosh, how beautiful! Love it! These are my favorite colors.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I have run out of superlatives...honestly, your work is the most gorgeous I have ever seen. It's soft, romantic, whimsical, magical, it speaks to my heart. I love the way you are framing your images....wow, wow, wow...I wish I could express it better....just beyond beyond beyond beautiful.

corryskaart said...

hoi gabrielle
wat heb je een wonderschone kaart gemaakt,geweldig met alle mooie dingen erop!!
groetjes van corry

Caryn S said...

These papers are so pretty! Love your LO, particularly how you did the hearts. That's a fantastic idea!

Unknown said...

Hou la la quelle merveille !!!!!!!
Bravo

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

How can you not Fall In Love with these papers!!? Indescribable! Just love what you have done here (all your "gabrielle details" make all the difference)~ Thanks for sharing!~

Judy said...

Absolutely beautiful work. The colours are just magical.

Romy said...

Wow oh wow, how gorgeous is this! Your lay-out has such a wonderful dreamy feel and I like the pretty hearts that you made.

Beauty Therapy Student said...

As I love your blog so much I have just nominated you for the Sunshine Award! See the details here - http://beautytherapystudent.wordpress.com/2013/01/30/sunshineaward/ :) x

Cindy Gay said...

I love the bleeding hearts and touches of lace around the inner frame.Those are your colors!

Lizzyc said...

HI.. oh wow, this looks so pretty, I love the purple colors in these papers, and yes I agree with you when you get some wonderfully decorated papers cutting into them for the first time is soo nerve racking!haha! how beautiful this is.. love the paint drips under the hearts.. gorgeous layout!!

Hrvatica said...

Wow - beautiful layout! I love all the details!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

So gorgeous Gabi! I love the heart embellishments and the details you added to create that with the ink and paint!

Carin McDonough said...

This is beautiful Gabi, the thumbnail really caught my eye, just love everything about it! :)

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

so beautiful, Gabi! I'd love to know more specifically what you used for the drips to make your bleeding hearts "bleeding"! And, who makes the rubon/stamped phrase you used at the bottom of your layout? Simply Gorgeous!!

Bev. said...

Just superb! Can only imagine how thrilled the Maja Designs folk must have been when they first saw the way you have used their gorgeous papers Gabi!! Once again, THANK-YOU for sharing your splendid art with us, and thank-you for the instructions you so freely provide ... they are SO appreciated.

phamil said...

Oh, Oh, Oh.........gosh......how beautiful and dreamy, and lucious and.....just all kinds of beautiful!!! This is stunning, love the drippy look and the colors and that gorgeous photo! I could just stare at this page for hours!

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Thanks ladies! Bonnie, It's Kaisercraft that makes the Rub-on that I used on this layout.....It was some left over I had from a kit I got from Flying Unicorn a little while back :)

mommyx2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mommyx2 said...

Gabrielle, your layouts are always amazing. Only you can make scribble doodling around hearts an absolute gorgeous work of art! Thank you for so much inspiration, always!

Marta y Moli said...

Wow, this LO is amazing! thanks for the million of ideas that you
throw

Kind regards,
Marta

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails