Friday, January 11, 2013

Loading on the Texture with Dusty Goodies!

Hi everyone! For this layout I wanted to use a bunch of the newest goodies I got from Dusty Attic.  Did you know they now also have amazing paint and mixed media products?  As well as corrugated card and leaves and blossoms of all sorts?   For this layout that I scrapped of my youngest daughter Meagan eating ice-cream (in her usual messy way!)
 
 I used a whole bunch of Dusty Attic chippies (the NEW 'Flower Buds', 'Wrought Iron Fence', 'Birds Nests', 'Grass Cluster #1' and the 'Typwriter Font - ABC') and I painted them with lots of the new gorgeous shades of acrylic paint from DA (Bisque, Pesto, Navajo White, Hot Chocolate, Mountain Meadow) as well as using bits of the NEW Corrugated Card and Dusty Blossom's Leaves to accent the page.  Here are the products I used.... 
 
I painted the 'Flower Buds' with the Hot Chocolate acrylic paint and then just roughly dabbed some Navajo White paint on them to give them a distressed look.  For the grasses, I gave them each a coat of white Gesso first then painted them with 'Bisque' and dry brushed some Mountain Meadow at the tips and bottom.  The 'Wrought Iron Fence' I again painted with the Hot Chocolate and hit it with a bit of Tim Holtz Antique Bronze Distress Stickles.  The alpha's were painted with the DA Pesto paint, dabbed with a little of the Bisque paint.  I added some Stardust Stickles and coated them with Tim Holtz Glossy Accents.   Here are some close-up views of my page... 
 
Another fun thing I did with the paints is that I took the Hot Chocolate acrylic paint added some water (about 1 part paint to 3 parts water) put it in a Dusty Attic Spritz Bottle (Yep, they make them too!) and used it as a spritz for the background design of my paper.....it worked really well, no clogging!).  And a final step I did was dry brushing some Navajo White paint over different areas of the page once I glued it all together (over the corrugated cardboard, the blooms, the chippies and cheesecloth and burlap), this gives the page a more over-all distressed look. The patterned paper I used is from the Maja 'Vintage Summer Basics' collection (1935 BAS-511, 1915 BAS-523).

I have one more little project to share with you all today and that is the ATC (Artist Trading Card) I made for the Dusty Attic January ATC challenge.  This month the theme is 'Butterflies & Fairies'.  I went with the butterflies for mine.  Dusty Attic just put out these cute butterfly chippies called 'Flutterbies #3' so I used a couple of these with on of the NEW 'Mini Arch Windows', they just fit perfectly for an ATC!
 I hope you enjoyed seeing my latest Dusty Attic projects as much as I enjoyed making them! 

15 comments:

Gitte said...

Wauw it is soooo beautiful both layout and card.

Unknown said...

Beautiful layout! I love all the details and layers. Your ATC is beautiful as well.
You always do such wonderful work.

Happy Crafting
Tracie
http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

Dorthe said...

Stunning layout! So many amazing details! Beautiful!!!

angel said...

Beautiful layout!
Piękny! Bardzo mi się podoba:)

Becky said...

OH my, what a stunning layout and stunning card.

Lynn said...

Gorgeous layout and your ATC is adorable. I love all the chipboard accents...you look like you had fun with all of them!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Romy said...

You used all the different textures in such a wonderful way. Your lay-out is absolutely gorgeous! Just love that beautiful ATC too!

Michelle said...

Wonderful textures! And the colors are awesome. I love everything about this.

Patty O'Malley said...

You must be in heaven working with those Dusty Attic products! The layout, of course, is beautiful! I love the ATC. ATCs and tags are probably my most favorite things.

Sandra said...

Gorgeous Gab, I saw this over at Dusty Attic this morning and I love it, the circle flowers look amazing with the button detail as well.

Cindy Gay said...

Oh wow! The magnificent photo is perfectly embellished in your layout! Love it!

Sue said...

I always love your layouts Gabrielle and admire the amazing detail and texture you manage to cram in. These new Dusty Attic products are gorgeous and I love the way you have used them. It's always great to get ideas from beautiful blogs like yours.

~Etoile~ said...

Wowww so awesome what you did!!!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Congratulations on the publication feature. It is so well deserved!! What a gorgeous page and ATC!! Your page is filled with so many wonderful details. I love the combination of fabric textures and chipboard you used and what a delightful photo!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I’m a new reader and have been very impressed with your recent post and thought to drop a friendly note. It is really great information related to texture paints. Waiting for more posts, is there a way to subscribe to your blog via email?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails