Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Using Bo Bunny;s Winter Collection in a Non Winter Layout

 
The Challenge:  Use the NEW Bo Bunny Snow Days collection in a non Winter layout.
 
Challenge Accepted!!  Heehee, I always have fun using collections in a non traditional way.  For my layout above I decided to use two photos I took of Meagan a few years ago when she cut her long long waist length hair for Locks of Love.  Since these pic's were taken in June I went with a more summery look.  I used lots of the Bo Bunny Blooms and cut out a few blooms from the Bo Bunny Double dot cardstock papers to bring more focus to the flowers rather than the subtle snow flakes on the page.  The die cut floral design was inspiration I took from the work of one of my talented friends on my Dusty Attic design team Natasha Naranjo Aguirre.  The blooms were cut from Bo Bunny Double dot paper using the Spellbinders Rose Creations cuts.  I then hand stitched around the edges of the centers. 
 
The chipboard I used was of course my favourite Dusty Attic chippies (Scroll #8, Skelleton Clock Frames).  I thought for this page I would try using a sketch so I went through some of the sketches posted at the Dusty Attic Ning site for 2012 and found this really cute sketch by the super talented Michelle Grant, it was perfect for incorporating two photos!  
Here is a list of supplies I used for the above page:
Patterned Paper: Snow Day (Drift, Mittens)
Cardstock: BB Double Dot (Sweet Pear Dot, Island Mist Dot)
6x6 Paper Pad: Snow Day, Et Cetera
Brads: Snow Day
Stamps: Powder Mountain, Enchanted
Blooms: Zinnea, Daisy, Dahlia (All in Clover color)
Jewels: Snow Day
Title Alphas: Powder Mountain
Butterflies: Country Garden
Chipboard: Dusty Attic (Scroll #8, Skeleton Clock Frames)
 
Before I close off today I have one more project to share with you all.  I usually try to have my blog posts for my different design teams spaced out but these two projects fell on the same day.  Today is the day we announce the Guest Designer for the month over at Webster's Pages and the design team is asked to create a project inspired by the current months guest.  Our guest for November is the wonderfully talented Ashley Cannon Newell.  Ashley shared a number of sweet cards she made that we could choose from and here is the card I created inspired by her work.  If you would like to see Ashleys work with Websters Pages products as well as some other design team inspiration you can find it HERE.
 
Some dear friends of ours are having their 25th wedding Anniversary and I wanted to make them a nice card.  The wider horizontal design was just what I needed for adding in a gift certificate to the card.  I never know what to give as a gift for 25th anniversaries!  By the time you are married for 25 years you pretty much have everything you need for your home right?  And giving a decorative gift is a matter of taste....so we decided to get them a gift certificate to their favourite restaurant....Hey, that just gave me a thought!  I think I'll stitch in a little pocket on the back for the GC to fit into! (heehee, just when I thought I was done! lol! 

18 comments:

morkaren said...

Hvor er det et super flot LO, de svirveler er så flotte til at indramme dine døtre ansigter. knus morkaren.

scrappymo! said...

What a great idea to adapt your paper to another season.
That is a lovely sketch and a fabulous layout as always.

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Simply stunning work as always. Love it!!!!!! Thanks for the inspiration Gabbi.

Thanks
Rachelle

Romy said...

Super duper gorgeous lay-out! Your design is so unique - I just love the circles and clocks!
Your card looks simply fabulous too. I'm sure your friends will truly appreciate it.

Rea' said...

I love your projects ( I very often use papers "all across the board", for other themed purposes). That sketch is awesome... a must try !

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

I love the die cut flowers and hand stitching. Beautiful page...as always! Lovely sketch too!
Hugs,
Asmah

Sandra said...

Gabrielle I love these projects and the scrapbook layout is so so beautiful, the sketch works so well with your photos.

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful layout and card! Those Dusty Attic pieces are always gorgeous! BTW, I made the tag I wanted to lift from the one you made and were so sweet to allow me to do. It's up on my blog if you want to see (http://creatingwithpaperandbows.blogspot.com/). Your's is much prettier.

Lynn said...

Gorgeous projects Gabi! Both are so full of fabulous elements and design!

Lizzyc said...

Beautiful layout, and such a pretty card!

Оксана said...

super

Kaszás Ildikó said...

Csodálatosan szép !!!!!!!!!!!!
Irigylésre méltó fantasztikus munka !!!!!!!!!!

Handgathered said...

Gabrielle, you never cease to keep my interest in your work. Please hop over to my blog Handgathered. I have awarded your blog the Sunshine award. (I hope the link works, if not, just type it in)

Anni/Handgathered

A SASSY SCRAPPER said...

Stunning work...especially with the colors and the challenge....you rocked it, Gabi!

Jan said...

I have been following your works for sometime now and I just love everything you do. I love this layout an inspiration.

Keren Tamir said...

Stunning LO and card!! so beautifuly created!!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous page and card. I was so inspired by Natasha's flowers as well.!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Walkiria Celada. said...

!Que bonito! Gabrielle, me encanta la composición del layout y los colores, besos.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails