Friday, April 29, 2011

Bo Bunny's Flashback Friday!!

I made this layout for the Bo Bunny DT for 'Flashback Friday'.  I wish I had a lot more heritage type photos to use for an assignment like this but I have to hit up my parents for some old photos.  So I wasn't sure what I was going to use for Flashback Friday.  Then I was shuffling through my photos and found this photo I recently took of my youngest daughter Meagan.  Although she is 9 years old, she is still very much into all her stuffed animals and often carries them around with her.  In this photo she is holding her favourite Teddy Bear she aptly named Beary lol!  The flashback part of this layout is that the Teddy bear was actually mine from when I was a child.  My Grandparents brought it to me from Germany, it used to actually speak German when you squeezed it's paw, but the mechanism that allows it to speak doesn't work anymore.  But I love that my children still hold precious something that meant a lot to me as a child.  

For this l/o I wanted to go with some soft pinks to go with the beautiful creams and browns in the Bo Bunny Timepiece collection that I used here.  I've been wanting to use the large clock die cut from this collection and I thought it would work well with the theme of this page.  The pink blooms I again made from recycled dryer sheets.  Again, super easy to do....just put a few drops of alcohol ink (I used Time Holtz Pink Sherbert for these blooms) or some food coloring in a small cup of water.  Dunk your used dryer sheets in the mixture and just blot off on a paper towel..
TIP:  IF you find the dryer sheet a bit to wrinkled to use nicely for your bloom and don't want to pull out your ironing board and iron a quick way I smooth out my swatches is to us my hair flattening iron.  I just give it a quick smooth with the flattening iron and the piece is ready to work with (also helps dry it quicker too)
....so the next step is to cut some strips from the swatch and gather the two long edges using a needle & thread (I use about 2 and a half strips for the large flower).  My daughter made me the flower centers using some bling from the Bo Bunny's Buttons & Bling packages and some seed beads.  Here are some close-up views of the above l/o.....
 
If you'd like to see some more amazing layouts made for Bo Bunny's Flashback Friday, go have a peek at the Bo Bunny Blog today!  So many heartwarming and touching l/o's made by the rest of the DT girls!  Thanks for stopping by!

~Gabrielle xx

18 comments:

Scrappiness said...

It´s a gorgeous page! I love the colorscheme and the blooms are just great!! Aborable picture too..

angelwhispers said...

Gabrielle this is just wonderful and I adore the picture looks wonderful with your beautiful detail!! Love Chanelle xxx

Tamikko said...

gorgeous!!! the depth is amazing. you have an amazing eye Gabby :)

Елена Дашкевич said...

WOW! Какая чудесная страничка!!! Всё очень нравится!

Patricia SPI said...

Comme toutes les autres pages celle ci est merveilleusement belle ! Toutes mes félicitations!
Vous savez mettre en valeur n'importe quel papier et objet !

cvanholstein said...

Wonderful page!!
All the details are so inspiring, thanks for showing.
And you know, my 10 years old daughter loves stuffed animals and carries them around all the time! :D
kind regards,
Corina (the Netherlands)

Susan said...

What a beautiful page! I love that she is so attached to something you had as a child! Another beautiful layout, my friend!

Romy said...

Wow, Gabi!! Just give me a minute to pick up my jaw from the floor... This is stunning! Amazing girl page with such prety details. I love it that you incorporated some pink on this page, that beautifully compliments Meagan's headband. And I've been playing with stuffed animals for a long time too...when I was 10, my bed was still filled with lots of them, there was hardly space for me to sleep on;)

Patty O'Malley said...

Gorgeous LO! Love the story of the bear and that your daughter helped with the flower centers--makes it extra special!

Ольга Шеломенцева (Сергевна) said...

Очаровательная страница!

Nancy said...

Beautiful, love all your details :)

Cynthia Lloréns said...

It´s a gorgeous page!
I love the colorscheme and the blooms are just great!!
All the details are so inspiring!!
I just love evrything in here....I´m follower now.
Have a wonderful weekend!!
Hugs from Brazil
Cynthia

Unknown said...

I regularly come along .. with you on your blog .. see if you have some new Lay-out and Wow this is so stunning my sweet friend and so
inspiring!!

big hugs Carla

Miss Jaster said...

beautiful LO and such a great story too! :)

patricia said...

beautiful.. inspire me!

Cathy said...

This is another gorgeous lo, have always admired your work!

Katrin said...

Классная страничка! Очень нежная получилась!

Nanne said...

Wow, wow, wow!! I'm just lost for words here, did I say Wow!".. LOL..This is just beyond beautiful..
Hugs
Nanné

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails