Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Pubbed in Summer Issue of Scrapbooking & Beyond!



A few days ago I received my copies of the Summer issue for Scrapbooking & Beyond Magazine. It was so exciting to see a page I made called 'Summertime Memories' in print!! A dear friend of mine Liz Qualman arranged for a series of articles inwhich she and I and two other good friends, Robbie Herring and Debbie Davidson are contributing artists! The articles are on flourishes.....the spring issue featured cyrstal flourishes, the summer issue was all about stitched flourishes. Above is the layout I made for this article. I designed the flourish and hand stitched it, adding some patterned paper in it for added effect. There is also a pull out sheet in the magazine with the flourish designs as a bonus! The photo is one I took at my sweet SIL's cottage last summer of the girls playing in the sand with their uncle.


Here is a cover shot of the Scrapbooking & Beyond Magazine....



The Fall issue will be all about rub-on flourishes and creative ways to use them on your pages! We've cooked up some really cute ideas for your scrapbook pages so if you get a chance to pick up an issue, do check it out!

On a side note.....I've been working hard on getting some exciting new things done for my etsy site! ......I've been asked if I would make premade scrapbook pages for the site....so I've been trying to get some done.....they should be up in a few days so keep checking! :)

Thanks!!



~Gabrielle xxx

10 comments:

Okispice said...

Congratulations on another beautiful page. I am a big fan as I love how you always add that little bit extra! I love how you added that small pop of color to the flourish with the paper. I hope my copy comes in the mail soon!

Mieke said...

Wow, Gabi that is so great being published. Congrats, love the layout. It's stunning.
Hugs
Mieke

Isabel De Pauw said...

beautiful lay-out !!
love your work !

Cheryl said...

Congrats- can't wait to see the goodies on Etsy.

charlot said...

Beautiful!!

Matthew Bamberg said...

Hi, I'm Matt Bamberg author of http://www.amazon.com/Quick-Secrets-Using-Digital-Photographs/dp/1435454375

I'm working on the book right now and am looking for a sample scrapbook page(s). A really simple one, one that is quick and easy to make.

Hope you can help.

Here's my book that's already out: http://www.amazon.com/Quick-Secrets-Create-Winning-Photographs/dp/1598639021

Matthew Bamberg said...

Oops. My email is matthewbam@aol.com

Anonymous said...

lovely page, congratulations :-)

Rose X

Meg Giroux said...

Congratulations Gabi!
You are amazing my friend. Every layout you create is always gorgeous!

PattiM said...

Congratulations on the publication! Awesome LO!

Hugs,

PattiM
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails